Tuesday: Pet Shop Boys at the Long Center. In 2014, the last time they were in town, the Pet Shop Boys supplemented their music with an immersive, Tron-like visual spectacular. Yes, they made the audience sit politely through their new music, but the electropop duo slipped in enough enduring hits like “Money” and “West End Girls” to keep the crowd from getting restless. $39.50-$79.00. 8 p.m. 701 W. Riverside Drive. thelongcenter.org. — D.S.S.
Tuesday: “TuneCore 101” with Migrant Kids and Keeper at Emo’s. Music business company TuneCore, which has an office in Austin, is teaming with the Austin Music Foundation to present this night of education and live entertainment. At 7 p.m., TuneCore will discuss their distribution, publishing administration and YouTube services. Next is a 9 p.m. double bill featuring two of Austin’s promising young acts: Migrant Kids made waves earlier this year with their EP “Primordial Soup,” while Keeper’s recent record earned them Austin360 Artist of the month honors for October. Free. 2015 Riverside Drive. austinmusicfoundation.org. — P.B.
Thursday: Sound on Sound “Late Knights” Kickoff Shows. Might as well get all those bad puns started a day early, right? SOS Fest mostly will be at Sherwood Forest east of town, but some of the bands will arrive early for a handful of sneak-preview shows at five clubs in the Red River District. Highlights include Guided by Voices and Diet Cig at the Mohawk, Cursive at Sidewinder, Empress Of at Empire, Shannon & the Clams at Barracuda and American Sharks at Beerland. All of the venues have several acts on the bill, some spread between indoor and outdoor stages. Admission is free with an SOS Fest wristband, and limited only to those festgoers. Show times vary; check individual venues’ websites, with further details at soundonsoundfest.com. — P.B.
- Pretenders at ACL Live
- Dicks farewell show at Grizzly Hall (sold out)
- Perpetual Groove at Parish
- She Wants Revenge, Dig at Mohawk
- Evanescence, Veridia at ACL Live
- Growl, A. Sinclair, Sour Notes, Gutter Glitter at Hotel Vegas
- Brownout presents “Brown Sabbath, Vol. 2” at Waterloo Records
- Gaelic Storm at One World Theatre
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Death From Above 1979, Deap Vally at Stubb’s outdoor
- Tomatito at Long Center
- Jeremy Nail at Saxon Pub
- Gavin DeGraw & Andy Grammer at ACL Live
- Ingrid Michaelson, AJR at Stubb’s outdoor
- Otis The Destroyer, Sounds Del Mar, Head at Hotel Vegas
- Explore Austin benefit with Charlie Mars, Those Poor Serfs