Monday: ARW, An Evening of Yes Music at ACL Live. Will this be the year that prog-rock pioneer Yes gets into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? They’re nominated, even though disputes over who owns the name means that members Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman must play the songs billed as ARW. $59-$99. 8 p.m. 310 Willie Nelson Blvd. acl-live.com. — P.B.
Tuesday: “A Night for Porter” with Graham Weber & the Buffalo Squeeze at Stay Gold. Singer-songwriter Weber is playing every other Tuesday in November and December at the popular East Austin hangout, but this one’s special in that it’s dedicated to the memory of fellow Austin musician Chris Porter, who died last month in a highway crash on tour. Many of his friends will play songs by and for Porter. Free. 9 p.m. 1910 E Cesar Chavez St. staygoldaustin.com. — P.B.
Wednesday: Dan Penn at Stateside at the Paramount. It’s telling that agent Zach Ernst recently declared this show to be “my favorite booking ever at the Paramount/State Theatres” in a Facebook post. A living legend of American roots music from his work as a songwriter and producer in Memphis and Muscle Shoals, Ala., Penn co-wrote soulful standards such as “Dark End of the Street” and “Do Right Woman, Do Right Man.” Both albums and shows under his own name have been few and far between, so this is indeed a coup. $22-$42. 8 p.m. 719 Congress Ave. austintheatre.org. — P.B.
Thursday: Khruangbin at the Parish. Fragments of psychedelic funk music from 1960s Thailand float through the lilting instrumental meditations of this Houston trio. Let the mid-tempo meanderings that shimmered in the afternoon heat at this year’s Austin City Limits Music Festival ease you into early weekend bliss. $15. Doors at 8 p.m. 214 E. Sixth St. theparishaustin.com — D.S.S.
Thursday: Mack MacKenzie at the Townsend. In the early days of SXSW, MacKenzie’s Montreal-based band Three O’Clock Train played a memorable set on Sixth Street. A songwriter with a cinematic sensibility and a captivating voice, he returns as part of a rare U.S. tour, this time playing solo. $10. 10 p.m. 718 Congress Ave. thetownsendaustin.com. — P.B.
- Mon LaFerte, Jackie Mendez at Mohawk outdoor
- PWR BTTM, Bellows, Lisa Prank at Mohawk indoor (sold out)
- Aaron McDonnell at White Horse
- Marc Cohn at Paramount
- Yeasayer, Lydia Ainsworth at Emo’s
- Jesu/Sun Kil Moon at Mohawk outdoor
- Boxer Rebellion, Hey Anna at Parish
- Don Dokken Unplugged at 3Ten
- Sunny Sweeney & Brennen Leigh at Saxon Pub
- Ralph White & Little Mazarn at Cactus Cafe
- Ian Moore & the Lossy Coils at 3Ten
- Wrenfro, Chris Gage at Strange Brew
- Sophia Johnson at White Horse
- Blue Moon Jazz Quartet with Rosie Flores at Continental Gallery
- Israel Nash and the Bright Light Social Hour at Waterloo Records
- Alan Parsons Live Project at Paramount
- Marc Broussard, Reed Turner at ACL Live
- Warpaint, Goldensuns, Vs. Colour at Emo’s
- John Fullbright, Jacob Tovar at Cactus Cafe
- Hudson Moore, Tyler Dial at Antone’s
- Switchfoot, Relient K at Stubb’s outdoor
- Teddy & the Talltops at Broken Spoke
- South Austin Moonlighters at Continental Club