Tuesday: Mary Black at One World Theatre. With more than a dozen solo albums in addition to work with renowned traditional groups such as De Dannan, Black has been one of Ireland’s most accomplished folk singers of the past several decades. These days it’s the next generation that has been getting the attention, as her daughter Roisin O released an album in 2012 and son Danny O’Reilly plays in Irish rock band the Coronas. But Black is still well worth hearing, and she’s touring to celebrate the 30th anniversary of one of her best records, “By the Time It Gets Dark.” $30-$70. 8 p.m. 7701 Bee Caves Road. oneworldtheatre.org. — P.B.
WARNING: The following video contains (many) obscene gestures
Wednesday: Blues on the Green with Bright Light Social Hour, Digital Wild at Zilker Park. It’s your final chance to take in a free show in Zilker Park courtesy of radio station KGSR this summer. This installment features the free-form, psych-funk jams of Bright Light Social Hour and the melodic trip hop of Digital Wild. Free. 8 p.m. 2100 Barton Springs Road. kgsr.com/promotions/blues-on-the-green. — D.S.S.
Wednesday: Maseo at Cheer Up Charlie’s. DJ Maseo of the legendary hip-hop crew De La Soul is in the house to drop a sizzling set of hip-hop, funk, soul and boogie. Yes you’ll sweat, but you’ll also break it down and get lifted. Also on the bill are DJ Orion of Peligrosa and Prince Klassen. $5. 9 p.m. doors. 900 Red River St. cheerupcharlies.com — D.S.S.
Wednesday: Texas Radio Live with Jo Carol Pierce, Lili Blessing at Guero’s. Word surfaced recently that West Texas song-poet Pierce, who made waves first locally and then nationally with her theater-piece/album “Bad Girls Upset By the Truth” in the early 1990s, is working on a follow-up that may see the light of day soon. She may preview some of that at this appearance on Sun Radio’s live broadcast under the shade trees in the oak garden at Guero’s. Opening is Lili Blessing, whose first album “Lifeline,” released earlier this year, was an auspicious singer-songwriter debut. Free (donations accepted). 6 p.m. 1412 S. Congress Ave. gueros.com. — P.B.
- REO Speedwagon, Styx, Don Felder at HEB Center
- Charlie Belle at Geraldine’s
- Froggy Fresh, Protextor at Sidewinder
- Star Parks, Shivery Shakes at Cheer Up Charlie’s
- A Music Tribute for Texas Trees with Butch Hancock, Eliza Gilkyson, Johnny Nicholas, Jaimee Harris at Hill’s Cafe
- Greg Vanderpool, Mike Nicolai, Marcus Striplin at Townsend
- Rosie Flores & Sophia Johnson, Toni Price at Continental Club
- Corey Baum at Threadgill’s North
- Sure, Zen Mother at Hotel Vegas
- Jungle Rockers at C-Boy’s Heart & Soul
- Warren Hood at ABGB
- Lola Tried (tour kickoff) at Hotel Vegas
- Chad Calek at Emo’s
- Yarn at Cactus Cafe
- Unplugged at the Grove with Flatland Cavalry at Shady Grove
- Elias Haslanger at Winflo
- Glue, Impalers (record release) at Barracuda
- Lake of Fire (tour kickoff) at Hotel Vegas
- Monoceja, Como Las Movies at Flamingo Cantina
- Monte Warden & the Dangerous few at Continental Gallery